The privacy of your data matters to us.
Identity & Access
When you use City Sync, we ask for your name, email address, and a phone number. This allows us to connect you to the ministries or organizations you sign up for. We’ll never sell your personal information to third parties, and we won’t use your name in marketing statements without your permission, either.
When you write The For The City Network (“For The City”) with a question or to ask for help, we'll keep that correspondence, and your email address, for future reference. We also store any information you volunteer, like surveys, for as long as it makes sense.
The only times we’ll ever share your info:
- To provide products or services you've requested, with your permission. (See “Processors We Use” Section)
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Your Rights With Respect to Your Information
The For The City Network (“For The City”) recognizes and will comply with U.S privacy law. Desiring to protect your information we list your rights, limited by applicable law. Your rights include:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. This is your right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Object. This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. This is your right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party
Some of these rights are exercised when signing up to serve with a ministry or organization. If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact us at .
Processors We Use
As part of the services we provide, and only to the extent necessary, we may use certain third party processors to process some or all of your personal information to increase your account security and improve user interface. The processors we use are
- Amazon Web Services. Cloud services provider.
- Google Analytics. Web analytics service.
- Salesforce. Customer relationship management.
Your data matters. However, The For The City Network (“For The City”) reserves the right to cooperate with law enforcement for the protection of all citizens. We will not hand your data over to law enforcement without considering your privacy first. We will comply with U.S. law.
Security & Encryption
The database backups are secured by a third party. Data isn’t encrypted while it is live in our database (since it needs to be ready to send to you when you need it).
Location of Site and Data
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Changes & questions
The For The City Network (“For The City”) may occasionally update this policy — you can always check the Site for the latest version. You can access your personal information by emailing a request to
and we’ll be happy to answer them!