The privacy of your data matters to us.
Identity & Access
When you sign up for a user account, we ask for your name, email address, your city, and the church or nonprofit you’re affiliated with. This allows us to connect you to the ministries or organizations you sign up for and to send you email content relevant to your interests. We’ll never sell your personal information to third parties, and we won’t use your name in marketing statements without your permission, either.
When you write The For The City Network (“For The City”) with a question or to ask for help, we'll keep that correspondence, and your email address, for future reference. We also store any information you volunteer, like surveys, for as long as it makes sense.
The only times we’ll ever share your information:
- To provide products or services you've requested, with your permission. (See “Processors We Use” Section)
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
How We Collect Your Information
You directly provide For The City with all of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you
- Visit our site via Google Analytics
- Create an account on forthecity.org
- Make a purchase for any of our products
- Voluntarily complete a survey
For The City may also indirectly collect your data from the following sources:
- Register and create an account on our partner site, VergeNetwork
- Make a purchase on our partner site, VergeNetwork
How We Use Your Data
For The City collects your data so we can:
- Manage your account
- Send receipts of following material after you make a purchase or download
- Email you with content and product offers you might like
- Help connect you with volunteer opportunities in your city
- Help you connect and partner with like-minded organizations
- Help improve forthecity.org
When For The City processes your order, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting processing data from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent charges.
How do we store your data?
For The City network securely stores your data in the following:
- Marketing Cloud
- Amazon Web Services
For The City would like to send you thought leadership and information about products and services that we think you might like as well as the products and services of our partner organizations.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may opt out at any time.
You have the right at any time to stop For The City from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to partner organizations.
Your Rights With Respect to Your Information
For the City recognizes and will comply with U.S privacy law. Desiring to protect your information we list your rights, limited by applicable law. Your rights include:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. This is your right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Object. This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. This is your right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party
- Some of these rights are exercised when signing up to serve with a ministry or organization. If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact us at .
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information.
- Keeping you signed in and remember your password
- Understanding how you use our site
How To Manage Cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however, in a few cases, some of our website features may not work as a result.
What Types of Cookies Do We Use?
There are different types of cookies. The For The City website uses:
- Functionality: For The City uses these cookies so we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include the language you prefer and the country you’re in.
Processors We Use
As part of the services we provide, and only to the extent necessary, we may use certain third party processors to process some or all of your personal information to increase your account security and improve your user experience. The processors we use are
- Amazon Web Services. Cloud services provider.
- Google Analytics. Web analytics service.
- Salesforce. Customer relationship management.
- Marketing Cloud. Marketing platform.
- TAG Tools. Hosting services provider.
Your data matters. However, For The City reserves the right to cooperate with law enforcement for the protection of all citizens. We will not hand your data over to law enforcement without considering your privacy first. We will comply with U.S. law.
Security & Encryption
The database backups are hosted by a third party. Data isn’t encrypted while it is live in our database (since it needs to be ready to send to you when you need it).
Location of Site and Data
This site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Changes & questions
For The City may occasionally update this policy — you can always check the Site for the latest version. You can access your personal information by emailing a request to .